Over the years I’ve had the pleasure of supervising several people with their thesis work either officially or unofficially.
- 2000: Tony Gorschek. I vaguely recall this enthousiastic pair of students working on their bachelor thesis in 2000. Anyway, Tony went on to do a M Sc., licentiate and Ph. D. after I left Sweden and now has a quite impressive publication list available on his website. I have no idea any more who the other guy was working on the same thesis.
- 2001-2003: Anton Jansen. I worked with Anton while doing my Ph. D. at the university of Groningen. We wrote a paper together while he was doing his master thesis and I supervised him during his first year as a Ph. D. and we did another paper together. He received his degree in 2008.
- 2001-2003: Eelke Folmer. Eelke was one of the big guys I shared a room with in Groningen. He joined our research group in 2001 and I helped him out with his research work until I left. He got his Ph D. in 2005 and now works as a researcher in Reno, Nevada doing research on Game design patterns aimed at making games fun and playable for disabled people.
- 2005: Ronald Bos. When I was working for GX, Ronald joined us to do his master thesis on usability in content management systems. I supervised him for the six months he was with us and wrote a paper with him and Sjaak Brinkkemper. He now works in Barcelona.
- 2005: Martijn Claus. Martijn joined us at GX to do his master thesis on using aspect oriented programming in GX WebManager. After finishing, he was offered a job as a sofware engineer at GX. This was around the time I left.
- 2007-2008: Christian del Rosso. My colleague, friend and neighbour in Helsinki will soon graduate with Jan Bosch as his main super visor. I helped him out a bit revising his thesis.
- 2007-2008: Filip Suba. Filip worked in my research team as a trainee during the summer of 2007. We wrote a paper on an evaluation of sensor actuator networks and after a few months he joined us to work on his master thesis with me as his main supervisor in Nokia. He finalized his master thesis in summer of 2008 on prototyping an extension to OpenID around a new security concept we are working on.
- 2008: Daniel Wilms. Daniel joined Filip in our team a few months after Filip started. He finished his master thesis in Nokia on social networks and semantic web (lowercase) and now works for Nokia.