Update 2019-06-14. I’m available for freelancing and consulting and currently looking for contracts.
I am not currently considering fixed term positions. I’m used to working remotely. Within reason, traveling is not a problem but I’m not very eager to spend months in hotels.
In between gigs I work on Inbot, the startup I’ve been involved with for the last six years as well as various open source projects on Github.
Instead of replicating my linkedin profile here, I tend to instead aim to keep that up to date.
Things I’ve done recently
- Build Kotlin clients for Elasticsearch and Stellar (Github)
- Set up ELK based logging and analytics using Elastic Cloud. If you’d like to modernize your logging, security auditing, monitoring/metrics, apm, etc., I can help.
- Build Inbot (I’ve been a 1 person dev team for the last year+) – Stellar based reward program where our users earn InToken for rewards issued by our customers.
- Build the search engine for matmatch.com using Elasticsearch; a material and metal alloy search engine.
- Lots more for Inbot, Nokia/Here, and others.
What I can do for you
- Generic Java/Kotlin projects. I’ve done Spring Boot, generic servlets, and much more. I’ve been doing stuff on Java since 1996.
- Jump start converting your Java code base to Kotlin. I’m good at refactoring and modernizing legacy code bases. Kotlin makes Java fun again.
- Get you started with gaining insight into what is happening in your systems via Elastic based tools.
- Architecting a search engine and guiding your product managers through the process of adding search, autocomplete, did you mean, and other search related functionality to your product
- Get you started with a block chain based product using Stellar, Ripple, or similar. Also interested in getting you started with the Libra tech stack and learning along with you what that entails.
Things I’d like to learn
- Rust – I know enough about this language to know I have a lot of learning to do. However, I think this is by far them most disruptive thing that has happened in terms of programming language in recent decades. I would consider any project that would allow me to learn on the job to be a great investment of my time.
My rate and CV are available on request.