OK, straight to the core. I assume you got your news elsewhere.
- Link 1:outgoing links (as expressed on my blog using xfn): link.
- Link 2: outgoing links from outgoing links (as linked on my blog): link.
- Link 3: incoming links (using xfn): link (thanks Christian, others use XFN already ….).
Thanks Google! So simple, so nice to have.
I’ve been reading a lot about web 2.0, microformats and the social/semantic/whatever web lately and decided to start supporting some of this stuff on my blog. Specific actions I took:
- I use the XFN features that come with word press in my links to people I know in the sidebar. I’ve been doing this for a while
I installed the structured blogging plugin (read my hReview compliant review of that).
- I converted my contact page to be hCard compliant. I wrote it by hand and pasted the HTML but you can also do this using the hCard creator. A nice feature is the download vCard link which converts the hCard to a vCard.
This enables a number of interesting features. For example the tails extension icon now detects stuff on my page; technorati picks up my reviews, etc. Btw. use your favorite search engine to look up most of the terms above, I’m not going to add 20 or so links to this post :-o. Of course this post is highly buzzword compliant so you might have found your way here using some of those words in a search query :-).