Aside from my blog, I maintain a few other sites:
- www.jillesvangurp.com. You are looking at it.
- research.nokia.com. I have my own page on research.nokia.com.
- photos.jillesvangurp.com. This is my online photo album with photos of vacations and other occasions where I felt compelled to snap lots of photos.
- Stuff made by me. I recently moved some stuff from the old static html page to my blog and gave it a tag: stuff-i-made.
- My Google Earth Placemarks One of the things I created generates html content from my Google Earth placemarks which I put in this corner of my website.
Aside from that I have profiles on a whole bunch of sites:
I’m jillesvangurp on Twitter
I Also …
- do microblogging on Identi.ca
- Follow other people using Whoisi and Friendster
- Chat with people as jillesvangurp on Skype, Google Talk, Nokia Chat, and MSN
- have XFN relations to other people (according to Google)
- share stories from Google Reader
- post on various websites (irregularly these days):
Aside from all this stuff you are likely to find me in various forums where I usually use my own name instead of some alias. I used to just claim the username jilles on most sites but it seems that despite the fact that I never met a single person with the same name, several do exist on the internet. For example, www.jilles.com is not under my control. Nowadays I just use jillesvangurp, which is a name that more or less uniquely identifies me until a (distant) relative makes the unlikely decision to name his/her son after me, or one of the other Jilles’es in this world.
I’ve been online for over ten years now and that kind of leaves a trace in some unlikely places. Some of the things I wrote in the past look silly or stupid when I read them now but I have a simple principle that if I’m not willing to put my name under it, I probably should not be writing it in the first place. It’s one of the few principles I apply more or less consistently, the other one being that I have no principles (which I apply much less consistently).